Most providers of training are training organisations which have registered with the Government to deliver nationally recognised training. These are formally known as Registered Training Organisations (RTOs). This training results in the gaining of national qualifications that are recognised and accepted by both industry and other RTOs throughout Australia.
To find out which RTO (TAFE, Agricultural College or Private Training Provider) can deliver your specific training requirements for your Australian Apprentice (Apprentice or Trainee) in your area you should seek assistance from your selected Australian Apprenticeship Support Network Provider for appropriate contacts.
Before you choose the provider you finally wish to deal with you should question these contacts on matters relating to:
- WHAT areas of training you think you might need for the business and your Australian Apprentice
- WHAT they can actually provide
- HOW they propose to deliver the training eg classroom, face to face, on line via the internet
- WHEN – will it fit in with your work cycles
- WHERE the training will be given eg at the worksite, periods of time at college or a mixture
- The EXPERIENCE of the proposed instructor/s, and
- Their expectation of the extent of YOUR INVOLVEMENT as the employer
It is your right to choose the particular provider most suited to your needs.
Updated October 2015